Challenges and change are happening constantly in business and this can have an adverse effect on employees and the way they react to difficult situations.
Some people might lose their control and verbally lash out, whilst others could get bogged down in worries or concerns that create unreasonable anxiety. These destructive behaviours have an adverse effect on the individual, their colleagues and ultimately the business in which they work.
One of the key components of emotional intelligence is the ability to respond to difficult or troubling situations in a controlled and managed way. This is referred to as self-management.
Like all the other components of emotional intelligence, self-management can be learned and improved with time and effort and the impact it can have on building and maintaining relationships is extraordinary.
A Better Version can help your teams master the art of self-management resulting in significantly improved behaviours in the workplace. Employees will learn how to:
- Behave in a controlled and regulated manner
- Respond to difficult situations with a considered, rational and practical approach
- Remain composed and instil a sense of calm within their teams, reducing unnecessary anxieties
- Successfully engage their colleagues and build strong teams
- Encourage creativity and productivity
- Create a climate of trust and openness, where colleagues thrive in their presence.
“You are always responsible for how you act, no matter how you feel. Remember that.”